Thursday, February 2, 2012

Playing the game

Alright, like most people, I usually don't like following the rules.  I almost always find a way around them without causing any serious consequences, both in the workplace and in life.  I have several great customer service stories in which I got my money back from a notorious company that wouldn't give the Queen of England the time of day.

I've been thinking of writing a book for a while and sharing my workplace experiences from the last 7 years or so.  Well, this past weekend I decided to put my action into printed words and started to write my book College Girl to Working Girl, geared to young women in their 20s on how to land that great post-college job, navigating the corporate workplace, and how to be a real leader.

I'm just a busy girl looking to share my experiences.  But these days to be seriously considered as a writer you need a "platform" i.e. an audience, a following, people that already like you.  I often post about airlines and aviation under @CheReynolds but I don't think the #avgeek crowd are interested in girly job topics just as a #collegegirl has no interest if United starts service from Dulles to Honolulu.

So OK literary agents and publishing companies.  I'll play your game... for now :)

Cheryl Reynolds
College Girl to Working Girl
@CGirl2WGirl

2 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic woman to learn from. I can't wait to see her valuable insights shared on her new blog. Buckle up ladies! You are about to invoke the success in you with a fantastic source to help you along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments! We have so many topics to cover, excited to share with you all.

    ReplyDelete